Skip to main content

2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil Preview

Hey guys,
It's Henry, back again with another post. This time, I decided to do my own preview of this year's World Cup in Brasil. I personally can't wait until we see Rio De Janeiro in action! Let's predict some stuff.

Tournament Overview and Thoughts:
Disclaimer: These are all my own opionions and thoughts.
When I first heard that the 2014 World Cup was coming to Brasil, I was extatic, as any football fan would be. Brasil has produced some of the greatest footballers of all time, and will continue to do so for many years to come. Brasil, as a nation, hold a outstanding relationship with the FIFA commitee, and have done so for many years. It's only until you read the fine print that you realise the monstrosity that this World Cup could possibly be to Brasil.

Brasil is a nation in dissrepair. Their government is in shambles, and their people are not happy. Hosting a World Cup requires a mammoth amount of resources and money. Though Brasil may have the money required, think of what the same ammount of money could do to help hospitals, or bring a proper education to their children. Something to chew on while you're watching this year's event.

Surprise of the Tournament:
There are many things that could go here, such as my prediction of England and Italy possibly getting ousted in the group stage, or the USA failing to even gain a single point in the group stage. But I think the surprise of the tournament will be the play of Croatia. They will play in Group A, alongside of hosts Brasil, Mexico and Cameroon, which is a tough group right there. If they take the second spot, then they would most likely face Spain. If this sounds like Death Row, it should. La Roja have won two of the biggest trophies in football, in the World Cup in 2010 and the Euros in 2012. They are on a roll. But don't be too suprised to see Croatia holding a lead into the late stages against Spain, only to watch La Roja rally behind David Villa, and his magical boots.

Player of the Tournament:
There are many fantastic players who may take center stage, but none more than Uruguay's Luis Suarez. The hard-nosed, fiery striker will use this tournament to take his play to the next level. Oscar Tabarez is a very quality manager, and he'll know how to get every last drop of class out of Luis. Uruguay won the World Cup the last time it was played in Brasil, in 1950, and to match that feat, they will need assitance from the Barclay's Player of the Season.

The Moment We'll All Remember for the next 50 years:
Brasil lift the trophy in front of hundreds of thousands at Rio De Janeiro after Neymar nets the winner. As the cup is passed around, the dissappointed Spainish sit on the sideline and think of what could have been. Maybe Lucas shows off some pace and skill, or Ronaldinho will leave Andres Iniesta grasping at thin air. The Brasilian national anthem plays in the background, and Brasil is at the top of the football world yet again.

Thanks for reading!
More 2014 World Cup coverage all this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is