Skip to main content

NHL 15: Philly Flyers Regular Season Part 1(Year 2)

It has been a long time since I last posted, I had a lot of school-related stuff going on, and our family took a vacation to England, so it's been an interesting last couple of months. Anyways, I'm back for Season 2 of the Flyers GM mode.

When I last left you, we were about to start Year 2 with the Flyers, after missing the playoffs in Year 1, completing a solid draft and signing Cody Franson and Eric Fehr in the offseason. Here's a reminder at what our lines look line:

Forwards
Voracek(90)-Giroux(90)-Forsberg(86)
Boedker(86)-Couturier(84)-Simmons(86)
Duclair(80)-Laughton(81)-Raffl(81)
Rinaldo(78)-Tyrell(78)-Fehr(81)

Defensemen
Del Zotto(85)-Franson(85)
MacDonald(85)-Vatanen(85)
Hagg(80)-Schenn(82)

Goalies
Mason(85)
LaBarbera(79)

Going into the start of December, our record was suffering, at an awful 9-13-3. We were allowing goals by the bunches, and just to make things worse, Steve Mason went down for about 2 months. It was time for another trade. I wanted a young goalie, good enough to be decent and with the potential to eclipse Steve Mason in the future. I found the perfect player in Jack Campbell with the Dallas Stars. I gave up Anthony Stolarz, a young goalie at 21 years old, 73 overall with 3 1/2 green star potential, and Arizona's fourth round pick that I acquired during the offseason. I got Campbell, who is 83 overall, a little worse than Mason, but is only 23 years old and has 4 yellow star potential, good enough to be better than Mason. I think it was a pretty good trade.

Campbell did an admirable job filling the void, and when the all star break rolled around and Mason returned, I compared their stats and found that Campbell was better. In four less games, Campbell had allowed 30 less goals, had 2 more shutouts and a save percentage of over two points better. I decided to give the full time job to Campbell, and to trade away Mason.

I looked at every team that wanted a goalie, and narrowed by which teams needed it the most and were in a position to push for a playoff spot, giving them a reason to make the deal. I ended up trading with the Minnesota Wild, giving up Mason, a future 2nd round pick, and a sixth and seventh in the upcoming draft for the Wild's first round pick from this year and Nicklas Backstrom, who was needed for salary and roster purposes. We filled the needs of helping our rebuild, and they got a player who can help for now and the next four or five years. It's a win-win.

Heading into the trade deadline, our record was a pretty abysmal 23-33-5, good for 51 points. That currently puts us at worst in the league, though I have confidence we can improve on that. However, the team is not performing and is still two or three years away, at least, from contending. Here are the team leaders to close things out.

Goals: Jakub Voracek, 27
Assists: Claude Giroux, 38
Plus/Minus: Brad Jones, +1
PIMS: Zac Rinaldo, 132
Wins: Jack Campbell, 11

See you guys next time, when we may make some big trades at the trade deadline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is