Skip to main content

TLC 2017 Recap

You know, over the years, I've heard plenty of people try to describe what they want out of the WWE product. Most of it I don't agree with, some of it I do. That's simply the nature of opinions. For me, the biggest thing I look for, especially when watching pay-per-views, is entertainment. I want to care about what I'm watching, and I want to feel like something major is occurring when I'm watching. And I felt that way tonight.




TLC 2015 Score: 6/10
TLC 2016 Score: 7/10




- Before we get going, though, I do have something to get off my chest. Commentary tonight was absolutely atrocious, and I think most of the blame for that is on Booker. I do generally like his style, but he was terrible tonight. 


- Let's move on to the good, which was Asuka's debut. I've seen a lot of negativity about her opening contest, and I just don't get it. If you want to get someone over, as I'll discuss later on, the best way to do it is by making the fans care about their character. A 30 second squash helped neither woman, and wouldn't get either any more over than they already are. Also, major props to Emma, who really made this thing work. 


- Cedric Alexander is a national treasure. That is all. 


- I've had a lot of the same problems with the Alexa-Mickie feud that I had with Natalya and Nikki Bella earlier in the year. I don't need promos about old ladies and Alexa's butt. The match was okay, though. 


- For all the internet hates Enzo Amore, I'd honestly be willing to say that Kalisto is far worse. The man only held the cruiserweight belt for about three weeks, but did basically nothing to help it or get himself over. Enzo should have never lost the damn thing in the first place. 


- Over the years of reviewing matches for this blog, I've often wondered what the perfect match would look like. What if everyone involved, wrestlers, fans, officials, were all working together in unison to provide the best experience possible? What would it look like? I've still yet to see a perfect match, but I have to say that AJ Styles vs Finn Balor is the closest I've seen yet. 


- That's not an exaggeration. This match was very near perfect, made even more impressive by the circumstances surrounding how it came about. Just a few days ago, the idea of these two men facing off was nothing more than a pipe dream. Tonight, we saw two of the absolute best in the world duke it out, with nothing but pride and honor on the line. Everything was just so crisp, executed so expertly, in a way that very few matches are. If I had a minor nitpick, and it's very minor, I would've liked just a few more minutes, just to really build to the finish. A bigger stage, higher stakes and bit more time to work, and maybe I will see my perfect match. 


- Jason Jordan and Elias Samson had a match. I believe there was cabbage involved?


- Kurt Angle(especially in a Shield vest) is a national treasure. That is all. 


- When I think of what an entertaining car wreck would look like, I'm first horrified by that mental image. But secondly, I would picture this main event. None of this made any sense, the stories were either non-existent or poorly executed, and the actual in-ring action was sub-par. And I loved the hell out of it. If you wanted a five star technical classic, watch Styles-Balor. Dammit, I showed up to watch half an hour of unadulterated Shield chaos and Kurt Angle tossing fools around, and that's exactly what I got. Sometimes, that's all you need. 


- Rest in Peace, Braun Strowman. Executed via garbage truck. It's the way he would've wanted to go. 


7.5/10


Ultimately, this card was always going to be hampered by it's status as a minor show, and everything that took place over the last few days. If anything, though, that makes tonight even more spectacular. This entire show was built around the return of the Shield, and WWE couldn't offer that. Somehow, what they gave us was even better. If I had two words to describe this show, I think they would be this:


Too.......Sweet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is