Skip to main content

NHL 15: Philly Flyers PLAYOFFS!!! Round 1 vs Montreal(Year 4)

We begin our first run in the playoffs against one of the teams I hate the most in the NHL, the Montreal Canadians. Since this our first time in the playoffs, I'll explain who this will be structured. For each post, we'll complete a round of the playoffs, and the posts will come out every day until we are eliminated. In each post, I'll have a preview of the two teams, mention the players to watch for, and show you the lines. I'll have a brief recap of each game, then some analysis at the end of what I thought of the series. Since I did not show you our lines in the last post, we will begin with that.

Forwards
Burakovsky(85)-Giroux(91)-Voracek(91)
Duclair(83)-Horvat(85)-Forsberg(86)
Laich(82)-Couturier(85)-Phillips(80)
Lemieux(80)-White(80)-Reaves(80)

Defensemen
Ekman-Larsson(87)-Dumba(85)
Gotisbehere(83)-Hagg(85)
Pettersson(83)-Michalek(77)

Goalies
Campbell(88)
Vasilevsky(86)

PREVIEW
Montreal finished the season with a record of 44-28-10, good for 98 points. They scored the exact same total of goals as us, 225, but conceded 13 more goals than us. Max Pacioretty is their most dangerous offensive weapon, scoring 46 goals and notching a total of 69 points in the regular season. The stars of the show, however, is their defense. Their defensive core features PK Subban and young but talented Nathan Beaulieu, and has a rock at the back in the form of star goalie Carey Price. Here are their lines.

Forwards
Pacioretty(88)-Galchenyuk(89)-Pominville(87)
Perron(86)-Desharnais(83)-Scherbak(81)
Hudson(84)-Eller(84)-Gallagher(84)
De La Rose(83)-Bournival(80)-Prust(78)

Defensemen
Beaulieu(87)-Subban(90)
Tinordi(85)-Gunnarsson(84)
Emelin(83)-Gilbert(80)

Goalies
Price(92)
Fucale(84)

SERIES
We came into the series as the higher seed, so we had home ice advantage. We put on an outstanding performance in Game 1, limiting their offense to just 20 shots on goal. Jakub Voracek opened the goal-scoring early, and Claude Giroux added a power-play marker and an empty-netter for a 3-0 win. After Game 1, we got some unfortunate news as Fillip Forsberg seperated his shoulder and would be out for at least a month. In his place, we called up young Spencer Watson. Jack Campbell continued his outstanding play in Game 2, as he stopped all 25 shots for his second consecutive shutout. Two goals on the power-play from Bo Horvat and Voracek, plus another goal for Giroux meant another 3-0 win and a 2-0 series lead.

The series shifted to Montreal, but the result stayed the same. Another terrific performance from Jack Campbell as he stopped 35 of 36 shots, and despite Montreal scoring for the first time, we put another three goals past Carey Price. Marcus Pettersson, Andre Burakovsky and Brendan Lemieux each scored their first of the series, and we won again, 3-1. With the Canadians fighting for their lives down 3 games to none, Game 4 was a tense affair. After a goal apiece in the first period(scored by Spencer Watson and Jason Pominville), the goalies seized control. It took just over 80 minutes before Claude Giroux finished off the Canadians in the second overtime period. The series was over after a short 4 games, with the Flyers taking Game 4 by the score of 2-1.

Series MVP: Jack Campbell, Philidelphia Flyers
Honorable Mention: Claude Giroux, Philidelphia Flyers

ANALYSIS
Other than the Forsberg injury, not a lot went wrong in that series. We could have used a little more goal-scoring, but we put 11 goals past one of the best goalies in the NHL. I certainly did not expect that level of performance from our team in our first playoff series, and we definitely look like a true contender to the rest of the playoff teams.

After a dominant first round, join me next time to find out who we will face in Round 2. Hope you enjoyed. (By the way, I didn't go very in-depth with this series because it just wasn't that interesting, I'll do more analysis for a series that deserves it.) See you next time!

-Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is