Skip to main content

NXT Takeover: London Recap

Ladies and gentlemen, here it is. My first NXT Takeover recap on this blog, and I couldn't be more excited. I just finished watching an excellent show, and I can't wait to share my thoughts.

NXT was in a position they're not used to, having to follow a recent upward trend from the main roster. Roman Reigns has really stepped in as the top face, leading the WWE to a massive burst of momentum. TLC on Sunday was great, probably the best PPV since Wrestlemania, but that was mainly thanks to a few good matches. NXT's strength has always been a complete card, and that led them to victory, at least in my eyes.

The crowd was hot all night, beginning with the opening contest, Japanese sensation Asuka and a revitalized heel Emma. This match was nothing special, but delivered on every spot that was required. Dana Brooke is an excellent manager, and has come a long way from the nuclear heat she was receiving when she first debuted. Up next is a true MOTN candidate, and was probably my favorite tag match I've seen all year. Dash and Dawson and Enzo and Cass are just the perfect combination, with the old-school styles of the champions and the gritty, never say die challengers. There was some incredible stuff, and it was easy to stay invested in the story throughout. I certainly did not foresee Dash and Dawson retaining, so I'm intrigued on where they'll go from here.

Baron Corbin has progressed by leaps and bounds since the start of the year, and has likely taken the top heel spot in the company. I wouldn't be at all shocked if he and Finn(spoilers!) end up working a feud quite soon, with Finn working quite well into Baron's war on the indies. As for the match, it was good enough, though I was disappointed they weren't given more time. I think these two are capable of much more, but this likely isn't the last time we see them square off.

I'm devoting an entire paragraph to the next two matches, as they both deserve it. Up first is our Women's title match, otherwise known as Bayley time. Bayley has quickly become the top female in the company, and that's including the main roster. She has the ability to make anyone a star, from Eva Marie, to, tonight, Nia Jax. Both women were as green as green could get, but through Triple H's booking and Bayley's ability, both are legitimate top contenders. This is a lesson in how to make someone care about women's wrestling: a face and a heel, working perfectly within that dynamic. The same can be said about the main event, a true brawl if I've ever seen one, featuring the Demon and the Samoan Submission Machine. These two know how to put on a great match, and they certainly delivered. While there were not any insane spots, it delivered a sense of purpose and intensity that's very hard to replicate. Just like TLC, this is the two top guys on the card, willing to do anything that it takes to win the top prize. Finn winning made the most sense, as it wouldn't make sense to put the belt on Joe at this point in time.

Takeover London was a solid card throughout, with only five matches, but each of those five gave us something different. The faces are over, the heels are booed, and that's really all it takes. As I said at the top of the review, this was a more complete performance than TLC, without the horrible undercard that has plagued the main roster for so long.

9/10

Despite that, there has never been a better time to be a WWE fan over the past five years. Regardless of whichever event you liked more, they both were amazing and unique in their own right. Wrestling is cool again, enjoy it while it lasts.

-Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is