Skip to main content

WWE TLC 2015 Recap

Wow. Just, wow.

(Note: This review was written before Raw aired and as such will not include any aspect of the show. Raw was amazing though.)

The WWE over the past few years has prioritized safety over any other aspect of the company. It's the primary reason they've stuck with PG programming for as long as they have, as it has dramatically lowered the rate of injuries(sorry to Daniel, Cesaro and Seth). Tonight was an exhibition of how to push the limits of PG to the absolute maximum. Let's run through one of the best shows of 2015. Also, these recaps have changed in format. I'm no longer going in depth into every match, and saving most of the analysis for the main event(s).

The show opens with the kind of match a show should open with: a ladder match. I have to say, this match was INSANE. Pretty much every team delivered(looking at you, Usos) with a big spot or two, and it was just so much fun to watch. Kalisto delivering the SDS, Xavier doing commentary and throwing trombones, and Kalisto, Kalisto, Kalisto. Never since Rey Mysterio has a luchadore done so much, and never before has he been this entertaining. This guy is on a rocket ship to the top.

The WWE knows how to screw up shows, and proved it with these next two. I won't go in depth on why these matches sucked, but predictable finishes and an inability to sell moves has something to do with it. We move back into the better side of things as the Wyatts face some more old guys. Seriously, what's up with that? The match was a lot of fun, and with a lot of poor/incapable workers, they turned it into a spot fest. The bulk of the match was fine, and the Wyatts won in fairly definitive fashion. Simple booking, something the company has struggled to provide for a while.

In a surprisingly good match, Dean Ambrose has finally earned some gold, picking up the Intercontinental belt. Most of the internet is behind Ambrose and Owens, and they proved why. I definitely enjoyed this match more than their previous encounters, and these kind of matches will bring some prestige back to the IC belt. On a night of chaos, this was a wrestling match, and it provided a nice change of pace to everything else on the card. I have to be honest, I didn't pay much attention to Charlotte-Paige, and I didn't like what I saw. I haven't liked Charlotte since her early days of NXT, and Paige just can't make me care about her character. I have to question putting these two on second to last, as Ambrose-Owens was an excellent primer to the main event.

I've been watching a lot of the WWE/F from 2001 through 2004, and this main event would've fit right in, albeit without blood. As bad as the build up to this match was, Sheamus and Roman kept their egos in check and put their bodies on the line to make the fans care about the result, and they delivered. Just like Lesnar-Taker from Hell in a Cell, they delivered a surprising amount of brutality, but it just added to the prestige of the title. These two were willing to do anything to win, and it came across in their performance. The interference from Del Rio and Rusev gave it some legitimate heat, as it really felt like we deserved a clear winner.

What happened after the match was what really had the fans talking, as Roman, past his breaking point, let loose. It felt connected to the story they're attempting to tell, and was a deserved moment. Kudos to Triple H, who sold everything Roman was dishing out, putting his own ego in check to put over the younger star. (Note: Same kudos to Vince McMahon, who delivered a very similar performance on Raw). Really, this whole thing stunk of Triple H. Most of the booking was solid, with the right people going over in the right circumstances. When you look at the card, so many of these guys have been through NXT since Trips took over. NXT has drawn criticism from some from not being a "true developmental company", but I think some of that should be put to bed, with guys like Roman, Dean and Owens stealing the show on the main roster.

If this is what the 'E is selling, I'm sure to be buying. Almost every match was believable while still being entertaining, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

6/10

I would've given higher marks, but I didn't enjoy almost half the card, showing the WWE still has more work to do. The opportunity is there, however.

I plan to do my first NXT Takeover recap for NXT Takeover: London, so expect that later in the week. Also, another episode of the Flyers GM mode is on its way, stay tuned for that. A final note: this recap style is here to stay, as it saves me a full hour or two on these reviews. I'm planning on spending the extra time working on prep for the WWE 2k16 universe mode, which will begin in early 2016. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed.

-Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is