Skip to main content

Blog Update: August 2021

 My goodness, it's been a long time since my last blog update, almost four months. For the most part, I've not had any interest in discussing my future plans, partly because they change so frequently, partly because it's just not as fun as jumping straight into something. But I want to discuss some things today, and build hype to what's coming next, because I have some very intriguing ideas for August. 



To start, I'm pausing/cancelling my WWE pay-per-view reviews, as I've reached a point where the product is too stale for me, and I need something more exciting. That was planned to be a continuation of my AEW reviews, but with Bleacher Report still yet to bring back their archive of Dynamite episodes and pay-per-views, that option remains off the table. I hope it won't be for much longer, with All Out coming in about a month's time, they'll need some way for customers to pay for that event, so maybe the folks over there will have something sorted out by then. In the meantime, I need something to review, which is how I came up with a brilliant idea; just check YouTube. Wrestling promotions have uploaded tons of content over the years in an attempt to convince new fans to check out their product, and I'm ready to go mining through that potential gold. Keep in mind that everything I'm about to talk about is available for free right now, and as I do these reviews, I plan to include links so that anyone interested can check out what I'm discussing, completely free of cost. 


Over the next two weeks, I have planned two sets of three reviews, one for this upcoming week, and one for the week after. We start with a return to TNA/Impact Wrestling, a company that has always understood the appeal of promoting through YouTube, and have uploaded a number of entire pay-per-views, just for the heck of it. The three I'm reviewing are Lockdown 2009, Destination X 2012, and Bound for Glory 2012. Each feature an intriguing main event, beginning with a legend's clash between Mick Foley and Sting, then moving to two acclaimed bouts featuring Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and the beloved Jeff Hardy. As always with this company, there will be a large variety of content through these three shows, and I think the three reviews are going to be a lot of fun to make. 


For the second trilogy, I'm going off the beaten path, and doing something I've been wanting to do for a while, as I make a trip to the East Coast to finally review some Ring of Honor. In an effort to hype up their 19th Anniversary Show back in March, they uploaded 19 matches, one from each year of their existence, into one uber-long video, which ended up totaling over 9 hours. I plan to break down this marathon of wrestling into three parts, each one consisting of about 3 hours of content, standard length of the pay-per-views I review. This is a project I'm very excited about, as I get to dive into a treasure trove of the best the company has to offer, which I think is a great way for me to get acclimated to a largely unfamiliar product. I'm not certain these three reviews will be as popular as the first three, but hey, if pure wrestling is your jam, I think you might love this. 



At the end of these next two weeks, I'll re-assess the situation with the AEW archive, and if it's still missing, that means more creative ideas will need to be found. But for what it's worth, I came up with these plans just last night, so I'm confident that I can find something more to fill time. 


- Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is