Skip to main content

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions(Warning: RANT)

Alright, so I've taken an extended leave of absence from the blog, but I'm back for now. I'm looking for some new games to bring to my blog, since I'm bored of playing NHL 15 and NHL 16 doesn't look too promising. I'll be looking at demos for games like FIFA, PES and anything else I see pop up. I skipped Madden, after planning to buy it, because the game looks like a trainwreck. I might look at bringing that to the blog later, but not right now.

(For those wondering, I also play a lot of games on my computer. I own OOTP, FM, Eastside Hockey Manager, and I'm planning on getting Franchise Hockey Manager 2, but I'll let you in on a secret. I actually live post these games, meaning when you see a trade happen in GM mode, it's something that just happened, making it difficult to make posts of computer games, as I use the same machine to blog and play).

I've been playing FIFA for a few years now, having started with FIFA 12. For most of that time, it's been my primary game as I am a huge fan of association football(which is the full name of the sport, it helps me as an American differentiate between it and American football). I'm not anywhere near brand new to the series, and I've been playing most of that time on World Class difficulty, though I do play on Legendary every once in a while. So this is my first impressions as an avid FIFA player. (Note: I played about 6-8 games on the demo).

What can I say about FIFA 16? The game is a massive flop. Everything for when you start a game, to when the virtual players walk off the pitch is awful and a complete waste of time. Nothing is fixed, and almost every aspect of the game is aggravating and maddening. (Lolz, new form of Tebowing). This is the most joyless few hours I have every spent in my life. Let's get into this, shall we?

POSITIVES: There aren't many. Dribbling is a little better, but the improvements come with many, many downsides. Defending has improved, but not by much, considering this was one of their main focuses for the game. Goalkeepers can now actually become true "sweeper keepers", but this improvement again comes with many downsides. That's about it.

NEGATIVES: Where do I begin? Animations are more screwed up than ever(I'm getting tired of players complaining to thin air), though I suppose that makes sense, considering fouls are non-existent in this game. In my first five games, I counted a total of two fouls called, and one seemed like the referee tripped and accidentally blew his whistle. There are no improvements whatsoever to FIFA 15's god awful goalkeepers(there were some really bad goals scored), and the new sweeper keepers have made everything worse, as now goalkeepers are not only completely irrelevant when trying to stop a shot, but now aren't even bothering to be in between the goalposts! Through balls are still the name of the game, either in the air or on the ground, they are completely undefendable by both the player and the computer. The game is entirely too easy, I won every game I played without even  abusing through balls. I just played a free-flowing attacking game, and just dominated on World Class. I even stepped up to Legendary, and played as River Plate against Barcelona, and won easily 5-0. Possession is a crapshoot as always, considering half the time you pass the ball, the player you're passing it to couldn't care less, a problem plaguing both the user and the computer. Tackling is impossible, marking is non-existent, and those annoying huge first touches are back. There were very few players I played with that could control the ball, no matter what button you pressed or fancy tactic I tried. In short, this game is almost completely unplayable.

I'm apologize for putting you through this ordeal. I have no idea what EA are playing at or what they did when they were supposed to be making this game(deflating footballs?), but it's clear there was no effort or thought put into this game.

Final Score: 3/10

FIFA 16 gets a 3 from me because this was only the demo, not the full game. If FIFA 16 releases with this as the full game, plus likely countless more glitches in career mode, I would hesitate to even give them a 1.

I would only suggest thinking about buying this game if you have 60 dollars that you really need to get rid of, or you really feel the need to bang your head into the wall. If not, pass on this poor excuse of a game.

Thanks for reading,
Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is