Skip to main content

South Park: "Where My Country Gone?" Review(CAUTION: Some bad words)

Before I begin this review, I'd like to stop for a moment to acknowledge a piece of recent news. Yankee legend Yogi Berra passed away the other day, at the ripe age of 90. Yogi was a true legend of the game, both on and off the field. He was a major part of many championship winning teams, and he will forever be immortalized in the Hall of Fame as one of baseball's greatest ambassadors. If you are a baseball fan, or a sports fan in general, I urge you to spend a few minutes in remembrance of one of the greatest catchers who ever lived.




All right, let's get on with the review.

Season 19 for South Park started fairly well, with Season 19's premiere setting the tone pretty well. It was a little lackluster in the laughs department, which you'll be happy to know is fixed in episode 2, entitled "Where My Country Gone?"

South Park has featured immigration before, but in episodes like "Goobacks" it was treated as more of an abstract concept. With this episode, Matt and Trey look at more of a real life perspective, as the premise for the episode is centered around comedian Donald Trump.

For those living under a rock or just couldn't give a sh**, Trump has entertained us all in a misguided attempt to actually matter. The South Park adaptation of Trump is taken to another level, as a new Canadian prime minister takes over, forcing millions of Canadians to relocate to America. This upsets Mr. Garrison, who has long let his views of foreigners be known, who launches a full scale campaign to rid America of the Canadians. Now, both Garrison and the new prime minister are portrayed as Trump impersonators(I bet he couldn't spell that), but it's fine as the prime minister only receives about three minutes of screen time. Garrison's plan for getting rid of the immigrants is to F*** them all to death, which in practice would consist of Garrison F***ing everyone to death. Ahhh, good ole' South Park. This is probably as close as you can get to a classic South Park episode in this day and age.

Garrison goes on the campaign trail, tossing in a classic Monty Python reference just for kicks, and soon discovers that the new prime minister has driven everyone else out. It appears that the only reason he was ever elected was just for a laugh, and by the time the Canadians came to their senses, it was too late. I suppose that's the only way a comedian gets elected. Garrison defeats the prime minister by f***ing him to death, freeing Canada from it's truly horrible leader. Once the Canadians in America learn the prime minister has been f***ed to death, they return home. Garrison returns home as well, declaring himself on the campaign trail, before leaving with the gorgeous Caitlyn Jenner, who murders two people in this episode.

Two side stories worth mentioning: Butters falls in love with a Canadian girl, and Kyle is an a**hole. Both were definitely subplots, but had their moments and didn't hurt the overall story, which is always good.

This episode was one of the best in recent memory, and with continuity being fully enforced in this season, should help spawn quite a few more good ones. I enjoyed most of the episode, and I would definitely recommend watching this episode, as there was plenty I couldn't fit into this review. Just remember kids, the best way to solve a problem is by f***ing them to death.

8/10 stars

South Park picks up momentum this week, let's see if it will continue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is