Skip to main content

WWE Survivor Series 2015 Recap

Yes! Alright, I'm back to recap another incredible WWE pay per view! Today, on Otterworld, we're recapping- WWF Survivor Series 1998! An incredible show, led by a strong main event, featuring one of the best tournaments in WWF history. I just cannot wait to give you my thoughts on this event............wait a second. Are you telling me that I'm not recapping Survivor Series '98? Instead, I have to watch.......NO! You can't be serious! Goddamit Vince!

RECAP

1st match: Roman Reigns vs Alberto Del Rio                          Winner: Roman Reigns
As you may or may not have gathered, I was not particularly enamored with this show, but this was definitely the best match on the card. When that's your first match........we have some problems. It was an entertaining match, and delivered on everything it was supposed to. Del Rio looked like a serious threat, Reigns was put over to the fans, and the crowd was hot for it. The action was tight in the ring, and we got a nice clean finish. Well played, Vince.

2nd match: Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose                            Winner: Dean Ambrose
This is where the wheels start to fall off. The match was solid, if forgettable. At some point, Kevin Owens' offense is going to evolve beyond taunts, right? The crowd was already somewhat burned out by this point, not a good sign, and that definitely hurt the match. Ambrose's win here sets up the main event, as the former Shield members go one on one for the first time.

3rd match: The Survivor Series Elimination Match                   Winners: Team RyLucUsos
So at this point in the show, we're nearing rock bottom. This was actually pretty decent, given it had no heat whatsoever. I marked for Wade Barrett, as he gives us a shining example of why he made my list of top ten favorite wrestlers. The guy knows this doesn't matter, and still gives a sh**. I don't really understand why the New Day just up and left, and also why they bothered with eliminations from Team Ryback. Why not just have all 5 beat down on Sheamus? At this point though, I've stopped questioning a lot of the logic used on this card.

4th match: Charlotte vs Paige                                                   Winner: Charlotte
This is it, folks. We've done it. Absolute rock bottom. How does it feel? This has to be on the list for the worst five matches of 2015, or I clearly don't understand what wrestling is. If you had to draw up a template of how to kill women's wrestling, it would start and end with Paige vs Charlotte. I don't know what was worse, the many, many rest holds, the numerous botches, the horrible job done by the cameramen, or the worst Figure 4/8 in history. It was slow, agonizingly slow, and about as dull as dirt. I mean, they gave us an intense, at some times riveting, story with these two, and then send them out for a fifteen minute amateur wrestling match? This is as horrible in execution as Dolph Ziggler vs Rusev, and as mind numbingly stupid as Seth Rollins vs Kane. I'm having trouble containing the pure rage that I felt while watching this match, but in the WWE, you're apparently not allowed to punch someone, so I'm just going to simmer for a while.

5th match: Dolph Ziggler vs Tyler Breeze                            Winner: Tyler Breeze
If you thought it got better from there, you're sorely mistaken. At least with this one, the WWE made the correct decision to limit the match time. I can't remember anything noteworthy about this match, and perhaps that's a good thing.

6th match: B.O.D vs The Wyatt Family                                   Winners: The Brothers of Destruction
There are some gimmicks in wrestling that fit the persona of the wrestler him/herself. These are often times the best characters, as the wrestler is allowed to let his or her personality to seep through. I think that's the case with Glenn Jacobs and Mark Callaway. Tonight, they put on the burial to end all burials, truly befitting of their characters. They made sure that we will never, EVER, care about the Wyatt Family again. There is no way to justify this. I'm sorry to Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman. You should probably pursue a new career.

7th match: Reigns vs Ambrose                                                Winner: Roman Reigns
Alright, main event time! This show has been horrible, but maybe they can turn it around. Alright, I'm going for a sip of water, see you if a few seconds. I'm hyped for this main event!........Okay, I'm back. Wait, what? Reigns won already? Yeah, he's lifting the title, and there's confetti, and here comes Triple H! Is Reigns turning heel? Nope, that's a spear. Here comes a guy with a briefcase. Maybe Reigns needs to sign some legal documents? Wait, no........

8th match: Reigns vs Sheamus                                                  Winner: Sheamus
I tried it guys. I really did. I've tried over and over again to rationalize this in my head, and I just can't do it. Ambrose gets buried for Reigns, who in turn gets buried for Sheamus. How on earth can Sheamus turn this company around? What can he and Triple H do that Reigns could not? I get that they want Reigns to go through one more obstacle, but what about beating Sheamus achieve that a heel run could not? People want to boo Reigns, let them. It'll be better for his character in the long run.

Final Thoughts:
There are no excuses. Survivor Series is one of the biggest shows in the year, and Sheamus walked away as champion. I've got nothing.

3/10

If you haven't watched this show, don't bother. Just take my word for it, and get as far away from this pile of sh** as you possibly can.

-Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is