Skip to main content

American Dad "My Purity Ball and Chain" Review

Ever since I stopped doing my South Park reviews last year, I've been looking to do some more TV show reviews, and I figured, why not American Dad? It's a show I've been watching for a while, and the themes and characters should be simply enough to compress into a short review format. So without further ado, here's my review of Season 15, Episode 11, "My Purity Ball and Chain".


(Quick note: for those unfamiliar with American Dad, I'm not planning on doing any backstory or anything for the show. If you're new to AD, I highly suggest going back and watching older episodes; seasons 4-6 are some of the best seasons from any show I've ever seen.)



Boy, starting my coverage of the show with an episode about abstinence and incestuous father/daughter relations; talk about starting off with a bang, amirite? This episode's A-plot is centered around Steve's decision to join a purity group, wanting to spend time with his new crush, Shannon. Yes, I realize how ironic that is. Stan, traumatized by his own experiences with his father and his sexual habits, is desperate to avoid giving his son "the talk", and latches onto this group as a result. Can we talk about that scene with young Stan and Jack for a minute? It's obvious that a lot of Stan's problems in life relate to his father, but damn, that was some messed up sh**. It's at this point that the episode slows to a crawl, and starts to go through the motions. Alright, Stan's love of his sword is pretty great, and the incest jokes could be funny once or twice, but it kinda feels like the writers just ran out of material. Upon learning that Steve still had sexual desires, the purity group(I think they had a name, but I can't remember it) sends him away to "sexual aversion therapy". There's a montage of pictures of herpes sores, and some pictures of singer Axl Rose, and that's about it. Stan decides to lock Steve and Shannon in a broom closet, then has a sword fight outside, which I though was pretty hilarious. The plot had some steam at first, but lost me about midway through, and was spinning its wheels by the ending.



Over in B-plot land, Roger, Hayley, Jeff and Klaus decide to build a slide. It's your standard AD sideplot, though it did feature the return of Detective Turlington, which I enjoyed. He's as useless as ever. After a dumbo named Kyle managed to kill himself on the slide, Turlington investigates, and it leads to Roger being forced to prove the giant contraption wasn't the cause. Then he just goes down the slide, and that's it? I mean, there's a good visual gag at the end, but the ending to this story was a pretty major letdown. I was expecting a lot more craziness.



5/10


This wasn't the greatest episode to start out on, but hopefully next week's episode "OreTron Trail" is much better. Before I go, I do have some things to mention. Right now, I'm on the precipice of moving houses, which will take place next week. Because of that, I will most likely not be able to post regularly on this blog, especially The Revolution, for a few weeks, up to a month or more. I'll also be missing Backlash, although I will be putting up a Greatest Royal Rumble review on Friday. That will be my last post before the move, and I can't say when I'll be back to posting full time. As such, this will likely be the longest break my blog has gone on in a few years, and I feel kinda bummed about it. Hopefully I'll be back and stronger than ever once everything is sorted, and hopefully any of my readers continue to enjoy whatever content I'm able to put out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is