Skip to main content

NXT TakeOver: Toronto Recap

NXT has been a sub-par product over the past year and a half, as the shine has begun to wear off for Triple H's baby. But NXT has always been able to deliver on the big stage, and that was no different tonight.


The Toronto crowd was red hot throughout the whole show, but especially at the start, with Canadians Bobby Roode and Tye Dillinger kicking off the show. It was pretty obvious where this match was heading just from the entrances alone; Bobby Roode will be one of the main faces of NXT, whereas Tye Dillinger has quickly settled into the Tyler Breeze role. Despite the finish being obvious, the match was solid, and Bobby Roode is ridiculously over. Next up we had the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, pitting the Authors of Pain against the Australians TM-61. Not much to say here; it was a fairly bland tag match, though I did like the old-school shark cage stipulation. The Authors of Pain appear destined for big things, and TM-61, despite being great wrestlers, come off as very boring.


The tag team revolution has been going strong in NXT this year, with The Revival spearheading the movement. Their matches have all been great, but a definite argument could be made that tonight's was the best. Their two out of three falls match with Gargano and Ciampa was breath-taking, a true showcase of the beauty of pro wrestling. This match didn't just steal the show, it was the show. There were just so many amazing spots and incredible false finishes to keep the crowd on the edge of their seats from start to finish. This is what wrestling is all about.


It was great to see Mickie James back in a WWE ring, and she had a far better match with Asuka than I think anyone anticipated. That being said, she never stood a chance of winning, with the Empress of Tomorrow clearly the focal point of the division. I could be interested in seeing Mickie on the main roster, with both Raw and SmackDown needing some extra talent. That brings us to our main event, Nakamura vs Joe II. They had an alright encounter in Brooklyn, and the build to this rematch made the match feel very personal. Joe's win shocked the crowd and apparently the production crew, who played the wrong theme for a very awkward minute or two. Nevertheless, Joe is on top of his game right now, and he was certainly the right choice as NXT's first two-time champion.


8/10

This show was pretty good. Survivor Series will have a lot to live up to, as per usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is