Skip to main content

Behind the Universe #1: The Introduction

Hey guys, welcome to a new series here on my blog. In this series, I take a behind-the-scenes look at my Universe Mode, which is now well over a hundred posts. I'll take about upcoming matches, my thoughts on certain developments and the future of the series as a whole. Enjoy!

Warning: The following is done completely out of character and out of kayfabe. Because of this, there will be massive spoilers up ahead. Just looking out.



My Thoughts



- I'd like to start by saying that this series has been an absolute pleasure to write. I feel that at the moment, my content is the best it ever has been, and I've been very, very pleased with everything. My Universe Mode wiki is looking very good(and will be updated soon), and the posts themselves seem to be doing very well. There are very few things I would change in this regard.


- I very much like the current show structure. Three shows a week is perfect, and has made this series feel a lot less like a chore. I've also gotten into the habit of simulating a lot more matches, meaning I can be focused purely on the write-ups.


- I will say that the current roster does feel a little bloated, so there will be some cuts post-WrestleMania. On that note, let's progress on to some upcoming developments.



Upcoming Developments(Rumored and Scheduled)



- The Royal Rumble will be posted in three separate parts, each featuring a big main event. Part 1 will be the WH Title 4-Way, Part 2 the WWE Title match, and Part 3 will be just the Rumble itself.


- Also, it may have been obvious, but Tyler Breeze will be defending the belt in a triple threat with Tyson Kidd and AJ Styles. Not much of a rumor, as the match will be announced on the next SmackDown.


- The next pay-per-view is Elimination Chamber, which will feature two Chamber matches, one from each brand. Current plans call for the Rumble winner's brand to main event with a title defense in the Chamber, while the other match will be for contendership, but plans change.


- The surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble are Austin Aries and Tye Dillinger. 


- Main Event returned after Survivor Series, and has hosted the Cruiserweight Classic and not much else. Unfortunately for any fans of the show, Main Event will be replaced in the next few weeks with 205 Live, which will feature the CWC competitors.


- On that note, I was not pleased with the ending of the group stage of the CWC. The tournament has been done exclusively by the computer, and I was hoping to see Drew Gulak advance to the semis, but oh well.


- Current WrestleMania plans are shaky at best, but I am considering unifying the Women's and Tag belts, which would take place at the show.


- Here is the planned pay-per-view schedule for the rest of the year: Royal Rumble(January), Elimination Chamber(February), WrestleMania(March), Extreme Rules(April), Payback(May), Money in the Bank(June), Battleground(July), Summerslam(August), Night of Champions(September), King of the Ring(October), Survivor Series(November), Armageddon(December).


- I have considered bringing back NXT or introducing ECW. The plan would call for the third brand to be introduced post-Mania, and would involve largely roster cuts and cast-offs, along with quite a few CAWs. 


- If there was to be a third brand, it would not be involved with the other two, standing completely on it's own. 


I think that's enough for now. Hopefully you've enjoyed this first iteration. Any further posts in this series will be done sporadically, whenever I feel I have something to talk about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is