Skip to main content

Elimination Chamber 2018 Recap

There are a lot of things I can say about Elimination Chamber 2018, many of which will be well covered by the time we're finished here today. So I'll just say this: you do realize Elimination Chamber is essentially a toilet reference, right? And we're off to a strong start.




Elimination Chamber 2017 Score: 7/10




- Both Chamber matches seemed very predictable coming in, and surprise, surprise, they both went about the way you could've expected, to varying results. I really enjoyed the women's Chamber match, perhaps even more than the women's Rumble last month. They did a really good job booking the match, with the three different pairs and how they would interact, adding some extra intrigue. Overall, this was nothing ground-breaking, just a solid, enjoyable match. Say what you will about Alexa Bliss and her in-ring talent, but on the mic, she's genuinely one of the best in the company. As to what Raw's women's division has in store next, I'm not completely sure, but I'm certainly more interested now then I was before.


- Hey, look at ole Apollo Crews and Titus O'Neil getting into a title match. I mean, they didn't look like they were serious threats to win, but somebody's gotta take the pin, and at least it was something a little different for the tag division.


- On only a five match card, two matches were devoted to the women's division, which is very impressive, as everyone was booked tonight. Asuka and Nia Jax put on a great match, that honestly made me wish this was the direction for the division at 'Mania. Nia taking a clean loss doesn't make her look great, but not everyone can win every match.


- A man vanished into the cosmos, sang for a bit, then wrestled a dude for a little while and there were a few beachballs involved. Next.


- Ever since the Rumble, just about every opinion I've heard or read from almost every wrestling fan is how opposed they were to Ronda Rousey's signing. She was already approaching "go-away heat" levels before even saying a word, and it seemed all but certain that wrestling fans were going to do whatever possible to stop her wrestling career before it even began. But as they say, "thou who puts Triple H through a table is thus declared a saint", and Ronda Rousey became the highlight of this entire show. Her first few minutes on the mic weren't great, which is definitely something to avoid going forward, but that death glare changed everything. The segment in general was great, with Angle stirring the pot and bringing up WrestleMania 31 because he's just the best human being. Did I mention Triple H went through a table? It was pretty cool, you guys.


- Feel free to crucify me for this one, but I'm a fearless man, so here goes nothing. I've been wanting to see Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar 2 for a very, very long time. Since the end of their match in Santa Clara, I've been wanting to see a clean finish. And I'll tell ya, as a guy that wanted this match more than just about anyone, I HATED this main event.


- I try to be positive about most things in wrestling, but this match annoyed the hell out of me. Braun kicking out of all the finishers was a fun spot, but really served to de-legitimize all the other guys in this match. Beyond Seth, this match was completely about Braun and Roman, with even John frickin' Cena relegated to mid-card status. Let's get one thing straight: there was no way to book this match, with Roman winning, that wouldn't end in massive boos. Simply none. That being said, they took the absolute worst path to booking it possible. Braun did not need to eliminate every other competitor, because there was simply no way he was every winning. WWE tried to have their cake and eat it too, keeping Braun as over as possible whilst still having Reigns go over in the end, and it was an abject failure. Reigns fans will be unhappy their guy didn't do more, Braun fans have probably broken every item in their possession and the rest of us will just sit here, slowly shaking our heads. I will maintain that WWE Creative knows how to book, and even after this, I still hold my ground, but if anything, that makes this match even more disappointing. They know how to book, how to get guys over and build stars, but they just refuse to. Lesnar-Reigns was the match I wanted, and I've been wanting it for almost three years, but I'm not sure if the journey justifies the ending.


6/10


Look, at the end of the day, I still enjoyed this show. Unfortunately, I think it's probably one best forgotten, which is hugely disappointing given it's importance to the rest of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is