Skip to main content

My Royal Rumble 2018 Preview

It's been an unfortunate trend in recent years that the Royal Rumble, generally the most unpredictable event on the calendar, has become the most obvious to call. Since 2013, every Rumble winner has been easily spotted in advance by the fanbase, although in fairness, last year was a bit harder. This year, at least at the outset, appears no different, with the way the night is going to finish seeming to be written in stone. But you never truly know what's going through Vince McMahon's head, so we could be in for a major shock on Sunday night. Or maybe not.






Pre-Show- Bobby Roode's United States Open Challenge

It's an open challenge on a pre-show, so I wouldn't expect much. Maybe something to set up a spot in the Rumble later?


Pre-Show- Kalisto, Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik vs TJP, Jack Gallagher and Drew Gulak

Mask guys vs non-mask guys.


Pre-Show- The Club vs The Revival

I know a lot of fans were disappointed to see the Top Guys take the 'ole "Ascension" spot of getting beat up by legends, but the fact remains that they were given a major segment on one of the biggest shows of the year. Does that mean they're winning here? Probably not.


Raw Tag Team Championship Match- Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan vs The Bar

Seth and Jordan clearly aren't going to have a long run with the belts, so the only question is when they're going to drop them and move on to their rumored feud. Long term, I don't know if another Cesaro and Sheamus title reign would mean much, so it's possible the belts change hands at Elimination Chamber, instead, with a team like The Club going over.


SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match- The Usos vs Gable and Benjamin

The two of three falls stipulation definitely makes me think we're in for a title change here, as the heels could win through nefarious means. The Usos retaining wouldn't totally surprise me, but either way, I think we're in for a great match.


WWE Championship Match- AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn

Boy has this storyline dropped off a cliff. After the stinker at Clash of Champions, it's obvious that the authority struggle on SmackDown is causing fans to tune out, as you probably could've predicated. This match could be really good, but the handicap rules definitely make me feel a little nervous. The result of the Rumble will likely decide the winner of this match, but AJ retaining is the most likely outcome.


Universal Championship Match- Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman vs Kane

On paper, this seems like the easiest match to predict, since it seems so likely we're heading for Brock-Roman in New Orleans. Is it possible that Braun's path of destruction over the past few weeks could be the company prepping him for a title run? Yes, it could. Is it likely he gets the strap here? No, most likely not. Either way this goes, Kane's definitely here to take the fall.


30-Woman Royal Rumble Match

Although the result will obviously matter, I'm more interested in seeing how this match goes, to be honest. The first women's Money in the Bank match was a disaster, with the company completely taking all of Carmella's heat by negating the controversial finish. Hopefully, we're in for something better here. As to the winner, it's all up to one name: Ronda Rousey. If Ronda's in the match, which is definitely possible, she's not showing up to lose. If she isn't, then I see Asuka and Becky Lynch as the most obvious secondary options, with some wildcards like Nia Jax and Sasha Banks.


30-Man Royal Rumble Match

I mean, this one's obvious, right? It's Roman Reigns, all the way. It's been speculated since even before 'Mania last year that Brock-Roman was the plan, and although it's not been hinted toward at all on TV, it seems like this is the way it's going. But you can get to that match without a Roman win, since Raw has Elimination Chamber to potentially crown a number one contender. If the Big Dog doesn't win in Philly for a second time, then all bets are off. I could see Shinsuke, a returning Dolph Ziggler, maybe Orton again, hell, maybe a member of the New Day is heading to WrestleMania. Perhaps one of the losers of the earlier world title matches comes back, like Roman last year.




I'll catch you again either later tonight or tomorrow morning for my review of NXT Takeover, then of course tomorrow night for the Rumble itself. This is an exciting time for all wrestling fans, as the Road to WrestleMania is set to begin. Hopefully, we get it off to a great start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is