Skip to main content

Blog Update- Looking Forward to 2020

Been a while since I posted a blog update, looks like the last one was in July. I've been busy, as I always am at this time of the year, with all the Dog League content, and I thought that went extremely well. Certainly, Dog League posts are going absolutely nowhere, and will continue to be a staple of the September-December months of my blog next year. This year, though, I tried to keep Henry's Universe Mode running at the same time, sticking to just monthly pay-per-views. That went fine at first, but the issue was that I wasn't playing 2k19 in my spare time, so when I sat down to make the posts for November, it felt like I was entering an entirely foreign world. My desire to post any more content was shot, so I just didn't try, and shifted completely to the Dog League instead.


But as that content has wound down, I've thought more and more about getting my Universe Mode back going again, and it was something I was very excited about. There were two main issues. First off, I had fallen behind schedule, literally, so I couldn't just jump into weekly shows when November and December's pay-per-views hadn't even been posted yet. Secondly, while 2k19 is certainly a far superior game to 2k20, it felt extremely archaic to me after having spent countless hours on it over the past year. So I did what any sane person would, and just bluffed my way through the final few pay-per-views then bought a terrible game.


So Henry's Universe Mode will return at the start of next year, on January 1st in fact, with NXT getting things going for the weekly shows. Raw and SmackDown will join on the following week, with the red and blue brands building towards the Royal Rumble. For now, I plan to plow ahead with all three weekly shows, the occasional pay-per-view and I'll deal with what happens in September when we hopefully get there. To bridge the gap of the content I haven't posted, I've got one massive update coming on Saturday, which covers the final events of 2019. I tried to keep it as short as possible, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's still really effing long.


As for switching to the new game, I've spent the past few days testing out 2k20, and let me tell you that it's the laziest product I think I've ever played. I realize 2k had to build from the ground up without Yuke's, but that doesn't stop it from being a total cash grab in my eyes. That being said, with enough fiddling and enough tinkering, I've been able to get it to a mostly playable state, at least for my needs. Thanks to some of the weird roster choices, my rosters have been trimmed down as well, forcing me to go into some wildly different creative directions. I actually think that could be a good thing, a fresh direction for the series to go in and one of the main reasons why I made the switch, to help with the stale feeling I was getting still fooling around with 2k19. And hey, it's worth it for me if only to have official models and movesets for Matt Riddle and Keith Lee, I'm going to push those guys to the stratosphere.


I think that's enough to rambling for now. The main points are that there be a massive, three pay-per-view update coming on Saturday, and weekly shows beginning next year on New Year's Day with NXT. Finally, I don't know what the status of American Dad is. I've spent a lot of time looking for information online as to what in the hell caused this massive hiatus, and I've found nothing. If anyone out there has any update, feel free to let me know. Assuming the show does come back at some point, I'll be sure to continue posting reviews here, but I have no idea when that might happen. I'll probably just stick with Henry's Universe Mode, the Dog League and AD for now in terms of content on this blog, and if I need to post anything else, it's likely going on my second blog. Here's a belated Merry Christmas, and see you Saturday!


- Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is