Skip to main content

No Mercy 2016 Recap

It started with many. It is now down to two. Like gladiators and warriors before, they will dispense justice in it's raw, most brutal form. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to go to war......in the second Presidential Debate, as Donald Trump takes on Hillary Clinton, inside of a steel cage. Only one can survive, and for the other, there will be.........No Mercy(puts on shades).


Running up against the most anticipated presidential debate in history can't have been fun for Miz and Co, but they did their best, delivering a solid product with some very confusing decisions. 

To open the show, we had a big rarity, with the world title on the line in the opening contest. I do understand why it happened, as there was no way even John Cena could've outdrew the debate, but it was strange nonetheless. The match itself was fine, bordering on great, and the finish will keep several feuds running for now. Poor Nikki and Carmella, as they were the designated cool down match, with both women working hard to get their story over. These two have been impressing over the past month or so, and I enjoyed their match tonight. 

I'm going to be completely honest here- I, like most of the rest of the nation, tuned out here to watch the debate. From this point forward, I'm going to be relying on my snippets that I caught watching the show on the Network, and what I've seen online. The tag title match was fine, with Slater and Rhyno too soon into their reign to drop the belts, and the Usos continuing to impress during their heel run. Corbin-Swagger was a fun match, and the Lone Wolf continues to impress, with a main event push surely in his future. 

Among the strange decisions made on this night was to put Ziggler vs Miz at this spot on the card. One of the hottest feuds in the past six to seven years for the 'E, it totally made sense to give these guys the main event, but oh well. These two have great chemistry, and they put together another match of the year candidate. The Miz has slowly developed into one of the best workers on the roster, and Ziggler got a tremendous pop from the Sacramento crowd. Their story has been fantastic, and should have been the main event, but it is what it is. What a great match.

With Becky Lynch out of action, Alexa Bliss took a shocking loss tonight, losing to Naomi, who was been on a 2-year long pay-per-view losing streak. Following that waste of time, we have another, bigger waste of time in the main event, Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton. I like both guys, but their feud is not even close to main event level, and it showed. Luke Harper returned, I guess? What a terrible end to a fine show.

7/10

It's a difficult balancing act, as this show had two very good matches, essentially become a two-match show. The rest was mostly filler; it's just a shame the filler also got to be the main event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is