Skip to main content

Great Balls of Fire 2017 Recap

I already did the gag with the song lyrics...................it was a really good show?






- When Bray Wyatt and Seth Rollins are going on first, that's when you know you got a hell of a card on your hands. This was a surprisingly stiff match, the trend of the night, especially considering there was almost no heat in this feud. Bray has apparently finally realized he's a heel, cheating to win with an eye poke.


- Big Cass got some new music, and it's pretty trash. And hey Enzo cut a great, lengthy promo! Then promptly got slaughtered. Next!


- There has been lots of cracks on social media about how often Cesaro and Sheamus and the Hardy Boyz have fought each other over the last couple months, but they seem to always deliver on pay-per-view. They told a great story in their Iron Man match, with the heels maintaining the advantage throughout. In the end, those dastardly Kilt Bros escaped with the gold and a hat tip from yours truly.


- Alexa Bliss is a very interesting case study. Beloved by the internet fanbase, she's gone over almost every top woman on the roster, and has yet to deliver a classic match. But once in a blue moon, a miracle can occur. Whether real or scripted, she and Sasha seemed to be legitimately trying to kill each other, with a series of dangerous spots and brutal offense. Although plenty of fans will hate the finish, that's the point. And if it leads to more of this, count me in.


- You know who else has been fighting for f***ing forever? The Miz and Dean Ambrose! They had another match tonight, and beyond Dean's inconsistent selling, it was a fine match.


- We all knew that Braun Strowman and Roman Reigns would take their feud to the next level on this night. I just don't think anyone anticipated just how far things would go. The match these two had isn't even really important- it was another fun encounter between the two, with the highlight being Braun going through the LED set. Roman then set up for a Spear, and Strowman dodged, shutting the ambulance doors and winning the match. And that's when things got crazy. WWE went above and beyond to push the hatred these two men feel for each other, as Roman essentially tried to murder Braun. In a refreshing bit of continuity, GM Angle sent Heath Slater and Curt Hawkins to the ring while he tried to sort things out, with both men still putting on their gear. Braun left the near death trap under his own power, looking like a total bad-ass, as stumbled away. I've heard some complaints about the heel/face dynamics, but I don't even care. This was incredible.


- Brock Lesnar and Samoa Joe would have to do a lot to end this show on a strong note, and although they had a fun sprint in the time they got, it just missed the mark. They made Joe look like a true monster during the match, but my issue came with the finish. The counter into F-5 for the win that Brock delivered just looked sloppy. The camera work was dreadful, and you could see the move coming from a mile off, eliminating any immersion in the finish. As for the decision to put Brock over, I think this can go one of two ways. Either this is just the start to the feud, or just a one-off for this show. If it's the latter, this was a terrible decision. Having this dream match only run six minutes, and then having the champion retain is pointless. If it's the former, than I'm overjoyed. I hope we get more of Joe in the title picture in the months to come, because he looked great tonight.


8.5/10


Although they didn't quite stick the landing, let's give WWE a lot of credit here. This was a hell of a show, and for the first time in 2017, I don't think I disliked a single match on the card. With a slightly less choreographed finish(and I just hate surprise finishes in general), this is a perfect show. Ultimately, you have to consider what this event was supposed to do. The main goal of this show is to sell you on SummerSlam next month, the true A-show and one of the biggest in the schedule. After tonight, I can say: mission accomplished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is