Skip to main content

My No Mercy 2017 Preview

In the past on this blog, I've down quite a few "predictions" posts, starting at the Royal Rumble at the beginning of the year, with the last one for Great Balls of Fire in July. I've not one of those posts for the past two shows, mostly because I didn't have time, but partly because I just wasn't very interested. I'm just not the type of person to care if my predictions are right or wrong, I just feel like talking about the current product. With that in mind, I'll now be moving to "preview" posts instead, where I analyze each match without any real care about the outcome. Let's get to it then.






Pre-Show- Apollo Crews vs Elias

Titus Worldwide has been a pretty consistently great part of Raw for months now, but they've yet to be pushed to anything approaching the top level just yet. There's a lot of potential in this stable, and with Elias set in his role as a lower card heat magnet, maybe's it's finally Apollo's time to rise.


Intercontinental Championship Match- The Miz vs Jason Jordan

Jason Jordan is a very interesting case study. A young, athletic guy with all the promise in the world, over like rover back in NXT, shoved into one of the biggest stories on the red brand immediately upon his arrival. His push has yet to really click, but there's still time for him the win the fans over. Jordan winning is a fine result, but a loss here could really allow for some nice storytelling options.


Raw Women's Championship Match- Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley vs Nia Jax vs Emma

Dammit Raw, you've been watching too much SmackDown. It's the blue brand's thing to shove all of its women into a multi-person match with no real storytelling implications. Also, why is Bayley in this match?


Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt

The Finn Balor character has been stale for about two years now, and it seems his lack of personality is finally starting to catch up with him. There's simply no reason to care about Finn, beyond bringing out the Demon paint once a year. There could be some nice routes to go with Balor if he took a loss here, but it's Bray Wyatt, so I doubt that's happening.


Raw Tag Team Championship Match- Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins vs Cesaro and Sheamus

Look, much as I love these teams and these guys, there's really not much to this feud right now. This is the problem with contractually obligated rematches- there's just never any real interest in the follow up.


Cruiserweight Championship Match- Neville vs Enzo Amore

For all his problems behind the scenes, Enzo Amore has added a lot of desperately needed credibility to the cruiserweight division already. Enzo's not a good enough worker to carry the division, and shouldn't have the belt, but he does posses the mic skills to make just about any feud work.


John Cena vs Roman Reigns

When this match was first announced, I was 100 percent against the idea. Not that I didn't want to see this match- quite the opposite. There's very few truly major matches left in wrestling, with big stars harder and harder to come by. Like them or not, John Cena and Roman Reigns are two of those guys, and their first encounter should be on the biggest stage possible. That being said, they have done some great work in their promos, and they're both solid workers, so I'll probably end up enjoying this.


Universal Championship Match- Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman

This card as a whole is a little lacking, but I get a feeling that no will care by the end of it. For months now, the main event level on Raw has been the hottest division in all of wrestling, and that's thanks in huge part to the work of Braun Strowman. This may not be his time, and this may not be his crowning moment, but Braun has proved he can hang with the best. Lesnar-Joe and the fatal four way at SS have set the bar high, but I have a funny feeling like this may be the best yet.




That's that for my No Mercy preview. Be sure to follow me at @htk0215 on Twitter for my live reactions throughout the show, and check back here tomorrow night for my review, featuring a tribute to a departed friend. Enjoy the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is