Skip to main content

NBA 2k19: The New Millennium(Diesel Power)

It's time to start our first episode of The New Millennium, and this post will cover the entire 2000-2001 regular season. Obviously, I've never done anything like this before, so it could be rough starting off. Also, with 30 teams across an entire season, there's absolutely no chance for me to cover everything that's going on, but I'll try the best that I can. Hopefully you enjoy one of my most ambitious projects yet.

(Henry's Note- ppg=points per game, apg=assists per game, rpg=rebounds per game, blkpg=blocks per game)




Western Conference

We start out west, where for the second year in a row, Shaquille O'Neal(24.6 ppg, 14.1 rpg) was crowned MVP, leading the Los Angeles Lakers to the best record in the league, at 59-23. Second place went to the Portland Trail Blazers, who were led by their stellar defense, anchored by Rasheed Wallace. The Golden State Warriors fell just short of 50 wins and feature blossoming young star Antwan Jamison(18.2 ppg), while Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett led his Timberwolves to the fourth spot. The aging duo of John Stockton and Karl Malone did enough to get the Jazz back into the playoffs, while the San Antonio Spurs under performed, finishing in sixth place. Breakout star Antonio McDyess(19.6 ppg, 13.4 rpg) led the way for the young Nuggets squad, while the veteran duo of Gary Payton and Patrick Ewing did just enough for Seattle to steal the final playoff spot from the Dallas Mavericks on a tiebreaker. The Phoenix Suns and Sacramento Kings both missed out, while the New Orleans Pelicans only managed a measly 7 wins. (Henry's Note- at the time, the NBA only had 29 teams, not 30. But the game requires 30 teams, so the Pelicans team was full of fake, terrible players)




Eastern Conference

In a bit of a surprise, the Miami Heat(56-26) took the top spot in the East, with the Philadelphia 76ers finishing just one game behind. The young Tracy McGrady(23.6 ppg, 1st Team All-NBA) starred for the Magic in third, while Baron Davis and Jamaal Mashburn led the Charlotte Hornets to fourth place. The Celtics have built around young star Paul Pierce, and he delivered a solid season, just ahead of fellow elite small forward Vince Carter and his Raptors. The Milwaukee Bucks struggled on the road throughout the season, and only finished in seventh place. The New York Knicks would claim the final playoff spot, and that meant that the Indiana Pacers, fresh off an NBA Finals appearance, were heading to the lottery. Also missing out were Jerry Stackhouse and the Pistons, #1 overall pick Kenyon Martin and his Nets, and rounding things out were the last place Cleveland Cavaliers. 




Awards

MVP: Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers
Sixth Man: Aaron McKie, Philadelphia 76ers
Defensive Player: Kevin Garnett, Minnesota Timberwolves
Most Improved: Kevin Garnett, Minnesota Timberwolves
Coach of the Year: Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers

(Henry's Note: Rookie of the Year on old rosters and historic draft classes is glitched, so the award won't be acknowledged)



Join me next time on The New Millennium as we breakdown the 2000-2001 NBA Playoffs. Who will win it all? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is