Skip to main content

The Dog League: 2019 Draft Recap(Part 2)

Welcome to the second part of my recap of the 2019 Dog League Draft. Today, we take a look at the two teams who were in last year's championship game, Tailwaggerz and Rare Woofs. (Reminder: the Dog League is a custom fantasy football league run on NFL.com)






Tailwaggerz

1st Round, 3rd Overall- RB Alvin Kamara
2nd Round, 10th Overall- RB David Johnson
3rd Round, 15th Overall- WR Odell Beckham
4th Round, 22nd Overall- WR T.Y. Hilton
5th Round, 27th Overall- WR A.J. Green
6th Round, 34th Overall- TE Evan Engram
7th Round, 39th Overall- QB Deshaun Watson
8th Round, 46th Overall- DEF Baltimore Ravens
9th Round, 51st Overall- K Harrison Butker
10th Round, 58th Overall- RB Sony Michel
11th Round, 63rd Overall- RB Josh Jacobs
12th Round, 70th Overall- RB Chris Carson
13th Round, 75th Overall- WR Tyreek Hill
14th Round, 82nd Overall- WR Tyler Boyd
15th Round, 87th Overall- QB Drew Brees
16th Round, 94th Overall- TE Austin Hooper
17th Round, 99th Overall- DEF Cleveland Browns


Summary:

The defending champions have built a very solid roster, admittedly one with a few question marks, particularly at receiver, where Beckham was just traded to the Browns and Green is coming off a big injury. They do keep some consistency from last year, bringing back the likes of Johnson, Hilton, Carson and Boyd. Watson and Brees should be an excellent quarterback duo, possibly the best in the entire Dog League. Finally, I do need to address the Tyreek Hill situation. As of right now, I'm not banning Hill from being in the league, at least until the NFL finishes their investigation. However, should the season start with the investigation still open, Tailwaggerz will not be allowed to put him in the starting line-up.




Rare Woofs

1st Round, 4th Overall- RB Christian McCaffrey
2nd Round, 9th Overall- WR Davante Adams
3rd Round, 16th Overall- TE Travis Kelce
4th Round, 21st Overall- RB Dalvin Cook
5th Round, 28th Overall- WR Amari Cooper
6th Round, 33rd Overall- WR Julian Edelman
7th Round, 40th Overall- QB Baker Mayfield
8th Round, 45th Overall- DEF Los Angeles Chargers
9th Round, 52nd Overall- K Wil Lutz
10th Round, 57th Overall- WR Kenny Golladay
11th Round, 64th Overall- WR Cooper Kupp
12th Round, 69th Overall- RB Kerryon Johnson
13th Round, 76th Overall- RB Kenyan Drake
14th Round, 81st Overall- WR D.J. Moore
15th Round, 88th Overall- QB Cam Newton
16th Round, 93rd Overall- TE David Njoku
17th Round, 100th Overall- DEF Denver Broncos


Summary:

I like a large amount of Rare Woofs did here, this is a really solid draft. Consistent scoring seems to have been the theme of this class, with the starting line-up full of tested, top quality veterans. On the bench, they brought in a lot of young guys with tons of potential, giving this the look of a potential championship squad, eager to make up for last year's second place finish. I will say that there are some major question marks at quarterback, as Mayfield is perhaps too unproven to be a starter in the Dog League, while Newton is coming off of a very down year. They also gambled hard on the Panthers and Lions, two teams who can be very hard to trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is