Skip to main content

The Revolution Returns...

With Henry's Universe Mode on indefinite hiatus, I took some time over the past week to think about what I wanted to do next. In the end, I decided that wrestling needs to be a part of my blog, so I began the process of deciding what type of series I should try. I thought about doing something with TEW 2016, a game I had hyped a series on over a year ago, but decided against it since there is a new TEW coming out next year, so no series could last for a long time. With my options no longer text-based, I considered doing a lot of different things, including, ironically, bringing Henry's Universe Mode back in a different format. But in the end, there was really only one choice.



"You've seen us in many forms through the years. You've seen the talent we produced, and the stars that we created. You've cheered our heroes, and booed our villains, and cared about our stories. You've seen us rise and fall, persevere through adversary and come back from the brink. But what if I told you that what you've seen, what you've experienced was only the beginning, the start of the tale. What if I told you there was more to our story, much, much more. What if I told you that we had the power to take over the world, to be the kings. Would you believe me? Welcome to our Revolution. Welcome to N..........X............T!" - Triple H, Owner, Operator and Creator of NXT



That's right, The Revolution is back! And I couldn't be bothered to type up another rambling, grandiose Triple H promo! For those that aren't aware, The Revolution was an all-NXT Universe Mode that I ran last year, which ended up running for 14 episodes. I loved writing the series, but ended up cancelling it mostly due to my lack of long-term planning and my move from California to Oklahoma. While I loved writing the series, and several posts got great viewership, those aren't the main reasons why it has returned. With Henry's Universe Mode, I felt very constricted at times, having designed the series in such a way that it wasn't easy to make big changes. A switch between the WWE 2k games to Fire Pro World could've kept that series alive, but I didn't feel like it fit what I had created. The flexibility that comes from a series like this is the biggest reason why I chose it, an opportunity to really do whatever the hell I want in a sandbox environment.


When Does The Revolution Begin(Again)?

For right now, I'm close to having the series ready to launch. I want to make sure I start the series off right, so I'm taking a bit of extra time. I expect the first post to go up next week, and unlike the first time around, I'm jumping right into weekly shows. While writing it was fun, starting off last time with the big NXT Championship Tournament made the series feel very isolated, and I struggled to adjust to booking actual shows. While I'm sure the start of the series will be a bit of an adjustment for me, I think this different format should help ease the struggle.


I don't have an exact date for next week that the first post goes live, but I'll probably put up an announcement on my Twitter(@htk0215) about a day or two before it does. I hope you'll join me on this next journey, and here's to a brighter future ahead!


- Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is