Skip to main content

American Dad "Wild Women Do" Review

Well now the title sounds like wild women are doing this week's review of American Dad. At least to my knowledge, I'm not wild or a woman, so this is going to be my toughest test yet.





"Wild Women Do" has a very simple premise, one that we've seen countless times on this show. There have been a ton of wild night/bender-esque episode plots, mostly involving Stan and Francine either individually or together, but where this episode succeeds is by utilizing the fresh combination of Francine and Jeff. Stan needs to get his sleep apnea treated, and must rely on his son-in-law to take his wife out on date night. Straight away, we get my favorite part of the episode, as Stan teaches Jeff what he can and can't allow Francine to do. There are numerous great lines in here, especially over Jeff's inability to accept not being in Stan's metaphor, and all of it had me chuckling. It's worth watching this episode just for this scene alone. The main conflict here is of course between Francine and Jeff, but AD gets that out of the way early on, as Jeff is unable to keep up the deception. It's here where the entire storyline flips on its head, as Francine manages to convince Jeff that he's also wild at heart and they roam free together.


Francine and Jeff go wild, mostly getting drunk and destroying things, encountering a man named Del Monaco. Here, the episode takes another weird turn, as they meet his deranged dry cleaner, who suspects everyone of secretly being a washing machine and also has the ability to appear in mirrors. Finally, this storyline kinda lost me, especially as Jeff ignores Francine's concerns and continues to spend time in the presence of an obvious mad man. The dry cleaner, who's name I don't remember, eventually ends up committing accidental suicide, strangely one of the least odd parts of this episode. We get our first real Roger appearance as the world's worst fixer, who somehow makes everything so much worse. Jeff and Francine escape the cops by wearing dresses, for some reason, and there's a really weird non-sequitur where one of the officers just riffs for a few minutes. In the end, the two promise to stay friends and do this again sometime, which I'm not emotionally prepared to handle. The first half of this storyline felt mostly natural and got laughs out of Jeff's complete incompetence, and the second half felt like the writers were snorting the world's largest supply of cocaine. Ultimately, it was a pretty fun ride, but I'm still struggling to even comprehend what the hell I just watched.


The B-plot of "Wild Women Do" is much shorter, but no less insane. Klaus wants Steve to review a tape of his celebrity impersonations, and when Steve refuses, Klaus incapacitates with something called, I kid you not, "slippy oil". Klaus ties Steve to a bed and forces him to watch the impersonations, which are predictably horrible and most are actually just random people reacting to celebrities. Then, for some reason, Steve gets addicted to them, turning the tables to tie up Klaus and force him to do more, which is a very odd way to end a storyline, but at least fits the chaos of the rest of the episode.


7/10


This is one of my longest reviews, mostly because "Wild Women Do" is an absolutely insane episode of American Dad. There's simply so much that happens here, large amounts of which was completely illogical and totally incomprehensible. But there's a ton of fun in the insanity, and this was an absolute riot to watch, an episode I will surely re-watch in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is