Skip to main content

American Dad "Tapped Out" Review

I......................don't know what to say. I've barely even prepared any emotions about this episode, let alone words. Let's just review it, I guess.






Well, that was one of the strangest half-hours of my life. "Tapped Out" is an episode of American Dad so f***ed up that all I need to do is just describe the plot summary to you to make you feel like vomiting. It turns out that Francine has been secretly feeding Steve breast-milk his entire life, for reasons that are never explained. I guess she just thought it was fun. Steve is disgusted when he first finds out, but when Francine sabotages his orange juice, he becomes convinced that he still needs the stuff. He then gets obsessed with it and I guess just completely regresses back to being a literal baby, and the two are ostracized when Steve is caught suckling Francine in public. What is my life? What awful decisions have led me down this path, where I have to type these words? Anyway, Francine eventually realizes that this is too weird even for her, and decides to eat a bunch of bees, since Steve is deathly allergic to them. He then ends up in a year long coma, gets slapped by a doctor, Francine admits the initial sabotage and it's finally over.


What, and I mean this in the absolute harshest way imaginable, the f***? I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life, and that was completely by design. This episode is sold entirely on shock value, look no further than one of it's B-plots, where Stan intentionally elongates his neck to wear a turtleneck sweater properly. It's so cursed. Then Jeff has his face torn off and replaced by a chimp's, and they form an incredible friendship that stands the test of time. That's the actual plot. Watching this episode is like watching a car wreck; you know it's going to be awful, you know lives are going to be ruined, but there's a dark and depraved corner of your mind that secretly enjoys it. Whoever wrote this episode must one cold son of a b****.


At least Klaus and Roger are here to lighten the mood. The goldfish is incredibly fun in his turn as the house's incompetent security guard, and his failure to make a second tape of Francine's gambit was the only genuine laugh I got in this episode. And of course, the resident alien is here with a fun quip or two, and almost makes the Stan plot worth watching. Almost.


WTF/10


Many years from now, scholars will meet to examine that qualities of this episode. They'll argue about the importance of shock value and the breaking down of traditional social barriers, as well as whether a fish can actually operate a flashlight, but one thing will be unanimously true: they're all f***ing perverts. I need a shower. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is