Skip to main content

WWE Extreme Rules 2016 Recap

What's that, up in the sky? Is it a bird, is it a plane, it's.....it's......SUPER ROMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!



That's right, tonight Roman Reigns collected all your smark tears into a jar, shook it up real nice, and shoved it straight up YOUR CANDY ASS! Extreme Rules 2016 was a show that featured a few highs, a few lows, a low-blow from Draymond Green, and the greatest return of all time(thumbtacks).


We opened up nicely, with the Uso's getting their butts kicked pillar to post. This match was deemed pointless by the main event, but it was still nice to Anderson and Gallows be the bad asses that they are. As God as my witness, Kalisto was broken in half, and it was glorious. Rusev's second run with the US Title should be brilliant, provided a little boy from Massachusetts doesn't get involved. Spoilers- he will. The New Day continue to evolve, as does Big E, to the point where I might be forced to admit they can actually wrestle. The Vaudevillains still need more heat, so it was good to hold off on any possible title change.

The fatal four way for the Intercontinental Title was hyped up to be a huge match, and it certainly didn't disappoint. This match could easily be a candidate for match of the year, with all four men tearing the house down. The Miz retaining is fine, as he's doing some great work this year, but Kevin Dunn screwed up about as badly as possible, ruining the surprise of the finish as we, the audience, missed the whole thing. Oh well. The fatal four way may have been an instant classic, but the Asylum match was certainly not. This match felt a lot like the Shane/Taker match. The majority was slow, plodding and uninteresting, but then they pulled off one big spot. Kudos to Jericho for taking the tacks, that had to hurt.

Charlotte and Natalya are decent workers with okay chemistry, but they've not worked well with the crap they've been given. The whole family history thing is as dumb as it gets, and the finish was potentially dumber. Dana Brooke is pretty awful, and I have to question the logic on giving her such a big stage, when capable workers like Becky Lynch and Paige are stuck doing commentary on the pre-show.

It's main event time, and Reigns and Styles tore the house down. Multiple table spots, Styles being decapitated using the tron on the side of the ring, some really insane spots. There's several big logic holes in this match, though. First of all, how did the Usos recover so quickly? They were beaten soundly by Gallows and Anderson, they should not have been involved with this match. And then, of course, the utter idiocy of Reigns' kick outs. There's no way any wrestler could've signed off on this match, and I don't think Roman is too blame. He put his body on the line and put on a great show, but all anyone will remember is the ridiculous kick outs, which is a shame. Oh yeah, and then Seth Rollins returned, and all was right with the world.


7/10


The problem with booking Reigns this way is that he's practically unstoppable. How could anyone possibly stop Roman? What on earth can Seth do that AJ couldn't? Despite that, it was one hell of a moment, and Seth Rollins has become the top babyface in the WWE, at least in terms of fan reaction. Vince, just for once, don't screw this up. I don't care if Roman retains or not, just turn him heel and turn Seth face, and you have my money.

-Henry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is