Skip to main content

NXT Takeover: Orlando Recap

At one point over the past few weeks, I was seriously considering not bothering to cover this event. I barely watch or follow NXT these days, a far cry from when I used to watch the show religiously. I do enjoy watching Takeovers though, and I enjoy writing these recaps, so they stick around for now.






-The opening eight-person mixed tag was pretty fun. Sanity is a great stable, and Tye is really over, so this was never going to go terribly. I do feel like including Ruby and Nikki into this match held it back a little bit, as their spots seemed to drag down the overall flow. Still, it was a fun little opener.


-Aleister Black has a big future here in NXT(not Ring of Honor, Nigel), and an awesome entrance, so you knew he was getting a strong push. I think we've seen better from both men in the past, and this match did fall a little bit flat.


-Tag team wrestling has been the high point of NXT for the past year and a half, and surprise, surprise, these guys stole the show again. Again, that's not a surprise from DIY or The Revival, who are some of the best wrestlers in the world today. Big shout-out to the Authors of Pain here. They held up their end of this match. These two guys get better every time they compete. Not much more to say about this match. If you missed it, you have to watch it, it's simply that good.


-It was always going to be tough to follow that tag match, but Asuka and Ember Moon did a good job of winning the crowd over. The problem with booking an unstoppable champion is it makes the rest of the division seem so much worse by comparison. The only point of this match was to make Ember seem like a legitimate threat, and I think they accomplished that. Bonus points to Asuka, who's character work was fantastic.


-Bobby Roode and Shinsuke Nakamura may have great entrances, but that's not a guarantee of a five-star classic. Although what they did in San Antonio and on this night in Orlando was good, it was far from great. A lot of NXT's singles feuds can feel pretty repetitive, and I just didn't really have a lot of interest in this match. Shinsuke should be great on the main roster, regardless of whether he heads to Raw or SmackDown, but his year spent in NXT ended up being somewhat uninspiring. As for Roode, hopefully he gets a more well-suited opponent up next, with my money on either Roddy Strong or Johnny Wrestling.


6/10


Although most of this show wasn't particularly great, nothing was particularly terrible either. I loved the tag match, and enjoyed the rest, but one match generally can't save a show. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: the main event will always make or break any show, and NXT has failed time and time again to deliver consistent, quality main events.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is