Skip to main content

American Dad "Mom Sauce" Review

I spent a long time thinking for some kind of Newman's Own sponsored joke, but I couldn't come up with anything good. But if you're as bad at telling jokes as I am, don't fret. Introducing Newman's Own Joke Machine, that comes up with the cutting insults and killer one-liners so that you don't have to. Available now for $150,000,000.





Steve and Snot episodes are generally among American Dad's best, and "Mom Sauce" is no exception. The show lays out their dynamic early on, as we constantly see Snot having to turn to Steve for everything, from pencils to birthday parties.  But then Snot mysteriously gets rich, and the real fun of the episode begins. The "poor person gets loaded" plotline is one that has appeared many times on sitcoms over the years, and whether it succeeds or fails generally depends on the show's depiction of said rich person. American Dad doesn't disappoint, as Snot jumps from buying his friends pizza to zooming around on a hoverboard. But despite the hoverboard, Snot remains grounded as a character, enjoying his new life but using it to enhance the lives of his friends around him. Steve is initially upset at the reversal of the power dynamic, and becomes furious when he discovers that Snot's mom stole Francine's recipe for dipping sauce. But just when you think you know where the show is going next, the episode throws in an abrupt left turn, as it turns out that Francine was just using store bought sauce, meaning Mrs. Lonstein actually stole from Newman's Own. Although what she did was immoral, Snot argues that his family needs this when Steve confronts him, and it's interesting that the episode gives each character legitimate beliefs. It's actually quite nuanced storytelling, a refreshing change from American Dad's usual fare.


That is until Steve decides to tip off Newman's Own, who arrest Mrs. Lonstein and force Snot into Child Protective Services. There's a ridiculously dumb scene as Steve and Francine attempt to adopt Snot, only for the adoption agent to just reveal that Steve is responsible for Snot's predicament. I guess he just knew that, somehow? Then said agent horns in on a married woman and an actual child, which is the kind of despicable humor that should be saved from Family Guy. At least the finale is fun, as Snot's mom teams up with Steve to escape Newman's Own Women's Own Prison, complete with homemade toilet wine. This main storyline, despite some woeful comedy and the strange second half, was still one of the strongest in months for AD. As I said, Steve and Snot episodes generally always deliver, and I personally enjoyed the hell out of this episode.


"Mom Sauce" also includes a totally ludicrous B-plot, as Stan, Roger and Jeff attempt to become mall models, complete with Klaus as their coach. It's obvious this quartet has absolutely no clue what they're doing, and before long, all four are completely emaciated. Roger has a tapeworm growing inside of him, Jeff uses some guy's face as a record player and Stan attempts to have sex with a motorcycle, so standard American Dad shenanigans. At the fashion show, all three collapse, at which point the tapeworm leaves Roger to become a Vogue centerpiece, which Klaus wanks off to. There may be some finer points I left out in there, but I got to all the good stuff. Comedy gold.


8/10


Despite some distasteful humor, "Mom Sauce" is a sterling edition of American Dad, one of the best of the last five month run. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to get me some of that wine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I have a dog today" speech

I have a dog today. A black dog, a white dog A gray dog, a green dog A blue dog, a red dog And a yellow dog. I have a dog today. He is a black dog With long whiskers And a big snout. I have a dog today. He is my dog. And his name is Trinket. I have a dog today. With an extra-long tail And a happy-go-lucky attitude. I have a dog today. He will stir the deep Black potions of my heart. He will smell me And express his joy. I have a dog today. A dog tomorrow And a dog the day after that. I have a dog today. He is a good dog A bad dog A cute dog A fat dog A thin dog And a happy dog. I have a dog today. He is a nice dog A happy dog And he is my dog. I have a dog today. Let all dogs be free Happy Barking Singing And let happiness rule the land!

Henry's Universe Mode #209: No Mercy(Part 1)

What does it take to be the best? It's a question that's been asked many times, by many people. To many, the answer is complicated; tonight, it is quite simple. Lay it all on the line, not for yourself but in pursuit of something. Settle your scores by defeating your opponent, as decisively as possible. Be ready for any opportunity that presents itself, because it might be your only chance. And above all else, show.....no......mercy. And now, Raw and SmackDown present.....................No Mercy! Universe Mode No Mercy September 24th, 2017 Location: Raleigh, NC Official No Mercy Theme Song- "No Mercy"- PVRIS The Shield(c) vs The Hardy Boyz- Raw Tag Team Championship Match For a large majority of this match, we saw a different side to Matt and Jeff Hardy. They were more calculating, operating at a slower pace is hopes of grinding out Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. The strategy proved successful enough against Ambrose, but one mistake c

The Route of Life

dedicated to my hermits, who changed my life Ch 1 My Hermit crabs Hermit crabs are sometimes hard to take care of. Especially when you never had a hermit. Last Sunday afternoon I got 2 Hermit crabs. Their names are Crabbe and Goyle. I have talked with many sales people. The first Petco we went to (where we got the hermits and their things) seemed to have no idea on the subject. So we ended up going to Dolphin Pet Village. They were more experience at the subject. Now we have some of the things we will need. Last week, I went to a second Petco. There we got a cuttlebone, which is the bone of a fish. Now they look happy. Have a good day Hermit Crabs! Ch 2 Curious Crab The week before last week, my mom looked into my crabitat and found that one of my crabs had climbed one of my fake trees. It was on the top branch. Later, when I was changing to get ready for bed, the crab fell out of his branch. I hope he is okay. He’s definitely starting to look okay. How funny do you think that story is